Sunday, October 23, 2011

ANOTHER DAY PERHAPS

I wanted to run to Squamish today (from north van). I have wanted to all year. However, this morning I woke up and wasn't really feeling it but ignored that feeling and went anyways. I ran all the way along the highway before reaching Nelson Creek parking lot (aka. the start of the knee knacker). I stopped here and all I could think about was how badly I wish I had trail runners on and some more supplies, so I could go for a nice hike/run in the mountains. So, I turned around and ran to Dundarave and had an amazing turkey cranberry sandwich from the Bakehouse with no regrets of changing my plans.

Sometimes, you have to listen to that voice in your head that's telling you that your just not up for your planned adventure today. However, I have made plans to run the first half of Knee Knacker tomorrow!!!

PS- highway running is not the most inspiring! But I will get this goal done sooner or later.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Congrats to everyone who raced this weekend!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

NIcola,
I am totally up for running to squamish with you from North Van... we are due for a "get together" anyways... once I get back from New York Marathon let's do it!!!!