Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MUSIC THAT MOVES

I have been a 'chilly peppers' (Red Hot Chili Peppers) fan since since the tender age of 15/16. It was their 'Californication' album that came out in 2000 that really got me hooked. I don't know exactly what it is about the chili's that I am drawn to, but I think in the end, it must be a combination of their super funk style, creativeness, and sound. At that time I became pretty obsessed with the band and had a major crush on the lead singer, Anthony Kiedis.

I watched (and taped) all their interviews on Much Music and I went out and baught almost every single one of their albums. I have also since, seem them 4 times in concert, have even stood front row, and own 2 pairs of Red Hot Chili Pepper underwear I baught at the first show I attended. I would just like to ad that I no longer own them, too bad.

Again, I don't know what it is about them that draws me in, but whenever I listen to their music, while in the car or on the run, I am willed to move.

They recently came out with a new album called "I'm with you" and I love it. I am sure Peter is starting to get sick of it since I play it in the car all the time but so far he's been a good sport about it. It makes for awesome running music and I highly recommend it to everyone!

I will leave you with their newest song and video release, called The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie. Just click on the title.

So now I must ask you...

What music moves you on the run?

2 comments:

Joe said...

I'm a die hard RHCP fan as well. Their new album hasn't left my car since it came out! I've cut back on listening on music during my runs(to connect with my surroundings more), but when i'm driving to my favorite park to run trails on the weekends it's playing the whole drive. And i constantly finding myself humming to "Annie wants a Baby"

don said...

I also like the song Brendans Death on RHCP's new album.